|Arcam FMJ A28
Arcam have a long established
history of building sensational amplifiers for serious music lovers.
The company enjoys a world-wide reputation for producing very high performance
HiFi systems at real world prices using advanced technologies and design.
The new A28 75wpc integrated amplifier is Arcams latest offering
in the mid-priced sector, offering astounding sound quality and an exceptional
Using wide-band power amplifier technology
and ultra stable thermal management from the range topping A38 amplifier,
every detail and musical nuance is produced with breathtaking accuracy.
The A28s pre-amplifier section uses studio components that ensure
extreme fidelity and ultra low noise performance.
Using all electronic control for volume
and input selection mean delicate audio signals take an extremely short
physical path through the A28. This design strategy also ensures long
term reliability and access to advanced features such as individual
input trims, independent record selection and processor mode
for integration with AV pre-amps.
Six line level inputs are provided plus
a very high quality moving magnet phono stage. Electro Magnetic Interference
is damped using Arcams proprietary Mask of Silence
technologies to ensure that even the smallest details in the recording
are reproduced faithfully.
A28 Integrated Amplifier Specifications:
* All electronic input switching for
clean signal path and long term reliability
* Studio grade volume control stage with +/- 0.05dB channel matching
* Six line level inputs plus high quality MM phono input
* Pre-amplifier outputs for bi-amping with Arcam power amplifiers (e.g.
* Separate line level output for second rooms etc.
* Microprocessor control of input volume, balance etc.
* Extra user features such as max turn-on volume, input trims, processor
Power amplifier features
* 75wpc continuous power output (8ohms,
both channels driven)
* 130wpc continuous power output (4ohms, 1kHz, one channel driven)
* Fully discrete transistor power amp stages with temperature compensation
* Current feedback design ensuring wide bandwidth for high resolution
* Two pairs of individually selectable gold plated speaker outputs
* All DC coupled signal path for enhanced bass control
Power supply features
* Oversize toroid mains transformer
* User switchable between 115v and 230v mains supplies
* Dual rectified power amp supplies for reduced ground noise
* Separate smoothing per channel to reduce crosstalk
* Independently rectified and regulated pre-amp power supply
* Supplied with CR90 system remote control
* All gold plated input / output connectors
* Large, clear 9 character VFD display
* Size 430mm (17") wide, 275mm (10.8") deep, 85mm (3.3")
* Weight 8.5kg (18.7lbs) nett, 10.4kg (22.9lbs) packed